Ubisoft won't release a Watch Dogs demo before the game launches because developer Ubisoft Montreal is focusing on finishing the game, said creative director Jonathan Morin on Twitter last week.
"[There is] no demo planned before release," said Morin. In a later tweet, he explained, "Demos take time, the focus is on the game." Ubisoft originally said it would launch Watch Dogs last November, but a month before then, the publisher delayed the game to 2014; it is now set for release May 27 on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Windows PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One, with the Wii U version scheduled to arrive later.
Morin added that Ubisoft will release more footage of Watch Dogs between now and the game's release date. For more, check out our report on why the company delayed the open-world title.
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- If you're still having trouble with Xbox Live, you're not alone
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Wait. Could the iPad Mini be a better gaming handheld than the PSVita?