The Italian site Everyeye posted images over the weekend of a purported PlayStation 4 and Xbox One game called Metro Redux. According to Everyeye — which has since taken the images down — the title would reportedly consist of remastered versions of 2010's Metro 2033 (screenshot above) and 2013's Metro: Last Light, as well as their downloadable add-ons. Both games are set in the post-apocalyptic universe created by the Russian author Dmitry Glukhovsky, who started it all in 2005 with the novel Metro 2033.
Instead of declining comment, Deep Silver confirmed a project called Metro Redux.
"Is Metro Redux real? Yes. We never made any secret of 4A's desire to bring Metro to the latest generation of console hardware," the company said. However, the publisher noted that the leaked images came from an "old, internal planning presentation" and contain "some nuggets of truth but a lot of hypothetical ideas and placeholder material."
Deep Silver isn't ready to officially reveal the game, but said it plans to make an announcement before E3.
"We think the reality is a lot more exciting than the outdated material that got leaked shows, and we're itching to share it with you. Just not yet," the company said.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- What's a good game for a 65-year old first time gamer?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Feature to track games?
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?