Microsoft will bring a handful of titles to PAX East next week — ranging from Titanfall and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warare to upcoming ID@Xbox indie games — as well as host a number of panels and off-site events revolving around its slate of games.
Xbox's PAX East presence will kick off on Thursday, April 10 at 7 p.m. in the Natick Mall's Microsoft Store. Xbox's Larry Hryb will host the first-even public multiplayer mode demonstration of Harmonix's Fantasia: Music Evolved. Attendees don't need a PAX badge to attend and will also get hands-on time with ID@Xbox titles and Kinect Sports Rivals as well as the chance to win a pair of PAX badges.
Playable at the Microsoft Booth are a number of games, including Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Ryse: Son of Rome, Killer Instinct, Kinect Sports Rivals, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall and Project Spark. For the latter, attendees who play have the chance to receive a special "Pinny Arcade" pin featuring artwork based on the game. ID@Xbox titles on hand include Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut and Capy's Super Time Force.
Additionally, Undead Labs will be showing off its Lifeline DLC at the studio's own booth and Powerstar Golf will debut a new course players can test out. An MLG-hosted Killer Instinct tournament will also be held at the Turtle Beach booth. Attendees can sign up for one of 32 open slots each day of the expo and participants will receive a Killer Instinct FightStick pin.
The Project Spark team will host a panel on Saturday, April 12 at noon to discuss the game's creation. "Project Spark — Playing is Creating" will explore developer Team Dakota's vision for the gamemaker and share content created by users in the current beta. At 4:30 p.m. that same day, Respawn Entertainment will discuss the past, present and future of Titanfall, and 6 p.m. attendees can check out "Major Nelson Radio — Live," a live recording of the Major Nelson podcast.
PAX East will take place in Boston, Mass. next Friday, April 11 through Sunday, April 13. Polygon will be in attendance providing live coverage of the show.
- How Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition tricked us into playing Diablo 3 again
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Buy side-scroller Azure Striker Gunvolt on 3DS, get 8-bit throwback Mighty Gunvolt free
- Which games company do developers most want to work for?
- Caped crusader goes kinda nuts in new Lego Batman 3 trailer
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare isn't coming to Wii U
- Mad Max developer working on 'surprises,' possibly Just Cause 3
- Want to save time and money? Stop buying games at launch