Planned updates to the Xbox One version of Titanfall are directly affecting the release of its Xbox 360 port, Respawn Entertainment founder Vince Zampella confirmed to GameSpot.
Port developer Bluepoint Games is "lagging behind" while trying to integrate Titanfall's Day One patch, said the studio founder. Respawn is already working on the Day One patch for the Xbox One version of the game.
Zampella adds that Titanfall will include both paid-for and free DLC, alongside an upcoming season pass model. This includes a number of updates to add planned features to the game that couldn't be shipped with Titanfall as a result of time constraints.
"We're going to add in — there's things that we want in the game that we didn't get to ship in the final game, so we'll add private matches and things like that for free" said Zampella. "We're going to do a season pass just because if you buy it up front, you get a deal. We're not doing micro-transactions. So, you know, a season pass is just, buy it up front and get a better price."
Titanfall was officially announced at E3 2013. The game is slated for launch on Windows PC and Xbox One March 11 — the same day Twitch will launch gameplay streaming for Xbox One. Following a delay for "finishing touches," the Xbox 360 edition of the game will be released March 25.
- The fixer: Why Rod Fergusson returned to Gears of War
- Polygon Plays: Deus Ex - Episode one
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is the chili cheese fry of Marvel's movie collection
- Players want more options than murder, and GTA 5 proves it
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Hollywood taking a second stab at a Dead Island movie
- No Man's Sky will come to PC, is a PS4 timed exclusive
- ABC just launched history's biggest, most well-funded LARP
- Flappy Bird is back, and now you can play with friends
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell (update)
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Looking for some good Players
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Rock1m1's review on Wolfenstein: The New Order
- Let's See Your Photo Mode Snaps From The Last of Us!