Planned updates to the Xbox One version of Titanfall are directly affecting the release of its Xbox 360 port, Respawn Entertainment founder Vince Zampella confirmed to GameSpot.
Port developer Bluepoint Games is "lagging behind" while trying to integrate Titanfall's Day One patch, said the studio founder. Respawn is already working on the Day One patch for the Xbox One version of the game.
Zampella adds that Titanfall will include both paid-for and free DLC, alongside an upcoming season pass model. This includes a number of updates to add planned features to the game that couldn't be shipped with Titanfall as a result of time constraints.
"We're going to add in — there's things that we want in the game that we didn't get to ship in the final game, so we'll add private matches and things like that for free" said Zampella. "We're going to do a season pass just because if you buy it up front, you get a deal. We're not doing micro-transactions. So, you know, a season pass is just, buy it up front and get a better price."
Titanfall was officially announced at E3 2013. The game is slated for launch on Windows PC and Xbox One March 11 — the same day Twitch will launch gameplay streaming for Xbox One. Following a delay for "finishing touches," the Xbox 360 edition of the game will be released March 25.
- Madden 15 review: victory formation
- Sarkeesian driven out of home by online abuse and death threats
- Inside a video game voiceover studio
- Quake Live is changing, in part to find a wider audience on Steam
- SWAT threat locks down school, gets Counter-Strike player slammed to the ground
- A lightning tour of Infamous: First Light's scaled-down scope
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Old Iron King - A spoiler-free guide
- What's exclusive to the PlayStation versions of Destiny?
- Amazon and Twitch are the competitors YouTube needs
- Help us choose the best reader-designed Sunset Overdrive character
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here
- On Patreon support
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Games with great Sound Design
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26