Drinkbox Studios will release a digital version of its acclaimed action platformer, Guacamelee, with additional content "soon" for PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Wii U, the studio announced.
Guacamelee, released last year for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita, is the story of Juan — an agave farmer resurrected as a luchador. In December 2013, a leaked article suggested that the game would launch for PS4 and Xbox One will additional content. The Super Turbo Championship Edition will include the game's previously released downloadable content and add new bosses and levels.
New areas will allow players to ride boats through the Canal of Flowers and avoid lava scaling the fiery Volcano. The content will feature The Trio of Death, a three-headed skeleton boss who lives in the Volcano. Other additional opponents include the new elite-class enemies "that want to chokeslam luchadores to sleep."
Players will also be able to use the new Intenso combat mode, as well as Chicken Bombs and Independent Dimension Swapping. The upcoming content will also introduce support for multiple save slots and a dual currency system that supports permanent item unlocks.
Guacamelee Gold Edition, which included DLC The Devil's Playground and Costume Pack, was released via Steam last year.
- But WHAT CAN BE DONE: dos and don'ts to combat online sexism
- The new Unreal Tournament looks incredible, see it in motion
- Girl's Club video review: Just wanna have fun
- Never back a Kickstarter without a programmer (and other tips for not losing your money)
- The most progressive game of the summer is the one you're probably not playing