Defense Grid 2, the successfully crowd-funded sequel to strategy-meets-tower defense game Defense Grid: The Awakening, will release to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One systems, developer Hidden Path Entertainment told Polygon.
The studio previously confirmed a release to Windows PC, Mac and Linux platforms for the first half of 2014. The game's predecessor Defense Grid: The Awakening launched on Windows PC in 2008, Xbox Live Arcade in 2009 and Mac OS X in 2010.
In Defense Grid 2, players will be tasked to protect the power cores of their military bases, which will feature a mix of both familiar and new locations as well as new enemy alien types. The game will also include competitive and cooperative multiplayer modes and will support player-created content.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Nintendo lost $97M last quarter even with the success of Mario Kart 8
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer