February came and went.
The shortest month of the year was practically a wasteland in terms of major game releases. The standout AAA game, Thief, left many of us feeling robbed. And Fable's anniversary wasn't quite worth celebrating.
Then again, maybe we were just looking for fun in all the wrong places. Bravely Default, The Last of Us' DLC and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze all got lavished with praise by our reviews team. And hey, I'm always happy to shout my love for Earth Defense Force 2025.
You know, maybe it wasn't a bad slate of games, so much as it was a strange one. Just look at the four we chose to discuss: a remake in the mode of Metroidvania, an anthropomorphic number puzzler, an asburdist espionage comedy and a third-person shooter spin-off of a family-friendly real-time strategy game.
- 5:30 - Thief
- 14:30 - Jazzpunk
- 26:00 - Threes!
- 36:15 - Halftime!
- 56:00 - Strider
- 1:08:00 - News of the month
- 1:25:45 - Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
- 1:41:30 - Reader emails
Theme song by Ian Dorsch
Get the show:
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Reconsidering Columbine
- Help Nipah build a PC
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- On Patreon support
- Stronger distinction of Recommended posts/comments
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall