Up to eight players will be able to roam freely through the multiplayer mode of Ubisoft's Watch Dogs, creative director Jonathan Morin confirmed in a tweet.
Following our preview of the title yesterday, Morin responded to a question on Twitter about how many players the multiplayer component would support:
@UnrealThreats Yes— Jonathan Morin (@Design_Cave) March 7, 2014
No further details are available on game modes in Watch Dogs multiplayer, and Morin did not elaborate — when we previewed the title, multiplayer was not available.
Ubisoft Montreal will host a live Q&A via Twitch at 3 p.m. ET today, during which developers will answer questions about the game.
Ubisoft announced yesterday that Watch Dogs will launch on May 27 for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Windows PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. A Wii U version is slated to launch at a later date and has been delayed to give the team additional development time.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The man who made Atari's E.T. names his worst video game of all time
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'