A teaser track for Blood Marsh — one of the featured locations in Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls — is now available to listen to on SoundCloud.
In a Q&A on Battle.net, music director Derek Duke explained that Blood Marsh went through several changes artistically and in terms of design. This meant that, musically, the team experimented with different ideas.
"On one tangent, we recorded a bunch of really crunchy, long electric guitar tones, trying to get at that swamp vibe," Duke said. "Didn't work. Banjo ... nope. I could never boil it down to any single simple idea.
"In the end, what worked was actually scoring to the Blood Marsh's theme of a lost history, and the emotion and drama of events that take place there. I don't want to spoil any of that epic experience for players, so I'll refrain from sharing too many details. The preview track does a great job of capturing the over feel of the zone, however."
You can listen to the track below. Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls, the game's first expansion, will launch March 25.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dragon Quest Heroes brings the series back to PlayStation in Dynasty Warriors style
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4