A teaser track for Blood Marsh — one of the featured locations in Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls — is now available to listen to on SoundCloud.
In a Q&A on Battle.net, music director Derek Duke explained that Blood Marsh went through several changes artistically and in terms of design. This meant that, musically, the team experimented with different ideas.
"On one tangent, we recorded a bunch of really crunchy, long electric guitar tones, trying to get at that swamp vibe," Duke said. "Didn't work. Banjo ... nope. I could never boil it down to any single simple idea.
"In the end, what worked was actually scoring to the Blood Marsh's theme of a lost history, and the emotion and drama of events that take place there. I don't want to spoil any of that epic experience for players, so I'll refrain from sharing too many details. The preview track does a great job of capturing the over feel of the zone, however."
You can listen to the track below. Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls, the game's first expansion, will launch March 25.
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- GTA 4 now looks as good as GTA 5 — if you have a PC
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- It takes 40 minutes to drive across country in The Crew, watch it happen right here
- EVE's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones