Live-action content based on Titanfall is set to be released through a collaboration between Respawn Entertainment and visual effects and post production studio Playfight, the studios announced via a teaser website launched today.
The Playfight project is lead by director William Chang and, according the website, the Canadian studio has "begun laying the foundation for the creation of original content within the vast expanse of the Titanfall universe." A trailer of the live-action project will be released tomorrow.
"Titanfall is set in a rich near future universe with visceral, epic battles with Pilots and their Titan companions," according to a statement on the website attributed to Respawn's Dusty Welch, former Call of Duty lead. "We wanted to partner with Playfight, who has a history of delivering movies that meld gameplay, live action and stellar CG into truly entertaining media, for Titanfall. What this collaboration brings is yet to unfold..."
Titanfall will launch on Xbox One and Windows PC on March 11 in North America, March 13 in Europe and Australia, and March 14 in the U.K. The Xbox 360 version hits March 25 in North America and March 28 in Europe. Be sure to read our preview for more about the game.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Legend of Zelda in virtual reality is both familiar and completely terrifying
- This Sonic and Cammy fan-film only gets weird after the S&M scene
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Magic 2015 lead designer says Duels of the Planeswalkers is a yearly franchise 'like FIFA or Madden'