It's April Fools' Day, a time when video gamers know to have their heads on a swivel for inevitable pranks. And that describes Guild Wars 2's approach to the day, too, bringing bobble-headed characters to the game today.
You can see big-head mode Guild Wars 2 in action in this vine, but a news release promises the oversized noggins will greet players who log in today.
"As players trounce through Tyria, they will have their own heavy-headed character and get the chance to see their friends and foes as bobble heads as well."
Guild Wars 2 has a slew of new features — real ones — on the way April 15, including an enhanced "wardrobe" system that expands character customization options, plus more changes to balance out the game, improve social play and more.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Find out which experimental games excite Korean devs