Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn is live on Early Access for PlayStation 4 ahead of its April 14 launch, and existing PlayStation 3 users can begin upgrading their game to the newer console.
In doing so, those who currently own the PS3 version of the game won't be required to purchase another copy for PS4; however, once the massively multiplayer release is upgraded to the PS4 system, players will no longer be able to access the PS3 version.
All data, including characters and in-game items, will be carried over after upgrading to the PS4 version of the game by registering the PS3 title to the Final Fantasy 14 service account then upgrading via Mog Station. This upgrade system will be offered for free until Dec. 31 this year.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 22
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Gun Game Tips
- Polygon YouTube Channel
- Destiny Beta
- Thoughts on Destiny
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 14: Beast War-riors (part 2)
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)