Free-to-play digital card battling title Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft is getting a single-player adventure mode, Curse of Naxxramas, Blizzard announced today.
The new content will launch simultaneously on iPad, Mac and Windows PC at a later date.
Players will be sent to Naxxramas, a floating necropolis "filled with the stuff of nightmares" that will be familiar to those intimate with World of Warcraft lore. Using their deck of choice, players will face off against a score of undead bosses across the five different wings of the Naxxramas player-versus-environment scenario.
Along the way, players will earn more cards, and at the end of each wing's challenge players can obtain a new Legendary card. The total number of cards players can earn through their adventures in Naxxramas totals 30, and all can be added to players' existing decks.
Blizzard is working to launch Curse of Naxxramas "soon" and will add the five wings of Naxxramas to the game over the course of five weeks. The first wing, The Arachnid Quarter, will be free for all players, with additional wings available for purchase with in-game gold or real-world money. Naxxramas will also feature its own new game board with interactive corners, as well as additional class challenges.
For more details on Hearthstone, check out Deputy Reviews Editor Phil Kollar's op-ed on why Hearthstone is a gateway drug for card battler games, as well as our Overview video for a look at the game in action.
In This StoryStream
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?