Gearbox Software revealed the bonus that will be included in the collector's editions version of Homeworld Remastered, the developers's high-definition update of Relic Entertainment's Homeworld and Homeworld 2. It's a USB-powered, light up ship from the Homeworld games.
Steve Gibson of Gearbox announced the ship's inclusion in the Homeworld Remastered collector's edition at the developer's panel at PAX East today, saying that Gearbox is spending "an irresponsible amount" on the ship. Gibson said they expect the collector's edition of the game to be in limited supply and that they hope to break even on the expensive bonus item.
Gearbox polled Homeworld fans on what they wanted to see in the collector's edition later last year, feedback which led to the decision to include the 12-inch tall ship.
Homeworld Remastered will include both Homeworld and Homeworld 2 with a number of updates, including new ship models and high-res textures. The remastered game will support up to 4K resolution, Gearbox says. Homeworld Remastered is slated for release through Steam sometime this fall.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Share Button Use? Can you post to another service other than FaceBook?
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Looking for some good Players
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31