Theme park management sim RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 Mobile is now available on iOS, with a Windows PC version slated to launch this holiday, publisher Atari announced.
RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 is available for $2.99 and compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. The game includes integration with Facebook and Apple's Game Center and comes pre-loaded with more than $5 of in-game currency and 20 pre-designed rollercoasters and other attractions, with players able to build and expand on these to create their own theme park.
The Windows PC version will include cooperative multiplayer options as well as a handful of other new social features when it launches later this year.
Speaking in a press statement, Atari CEO Fred Chesnais said RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 is the beginning of a revival of sorts for the franchise.
"RollerCoaster Tycoon provided a generation of gamers with creative and unique ways to build some of the most exhilarating amusement parks and coasters around," Chesnais said. "RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 Mobile brings the series to new platforms to fully take advantage of mobile and social features. The PC version will offer multiplayer and co-op gameplay. We have a long-term plan to bring the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise to a new level."
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Nintendo lost $97M last quarter even with the success of Mario Kart 8
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
More from Polygon
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Tell Us Your Story
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?