Theme park management sim RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 Mobile is now available on iOS, with a Windows PC version slated to launch this holiday, publisher Atari announced.
RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 is available for $2.99 and compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. The game includes integration with Facebook and Apple's Game Center and comes pre-loaded with more than $5 of in-game currency and 20 pre-designed rollercoasters and other attractions, with players able to build and expand on these to create their own theme park.
The Windows PC version will include cooperative multiplayer options as well as a handful of other new social features when it launches later this year.
Speaking in a press statement, Atari CEO Fred Chesnais said RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 is the beginning of a revival of sorts for the franchise.
"RollerCoaster Tycoon provided a generation of gamers with creative and unique ways to build some of the most exhilarating amusement parks and coasters around," Chesnais said. "RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 Mobile brings the series to new platforms to fully take advantage of mobile and social features. The PC version will offer multiplayer and co-op gameplay. We have a long-term plan to bring the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise to a new level."
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Here is why you probably won't get into the LittleBigPlanet 3 private beta this August
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- PS4 Beta Codes