This additional funding unlocks several new goals, which include an updated observist guide, an explorer-class mobiGlas rig for those who backed the game before it hit $42 million, an additional "Gladius" fighter vehicle, and finally, a towel.
Preliminary art for these in-game towels is shown above. Like the mobiGlas rig, these will only be available to those who backed the game prior to hitting this funding level.
For the eventual $44 million goal mark, backers can expect a Hangar room system which was previously voted for by users. The Hangar is currently being developed, while those who back the project before it hits $44 million will receive a number of items for their Hangar, including 3D holographic cartography.
More from Polygon
- What's your favorite silly game?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27