Very few games fill the chubby chocobo quotient that I've come to desire from the medium.
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn meets my obscure needs deftly, while also managing to deliver a surprisingly solid MMO experience. I've been waiting on the game's PlayStation 4 iteration before diving in, though, and I'm glad I did — A Realm Reborn performs sublimely on the console. It doesn't just tend to the interface issues MMOs run into on consoles, it almost comes up with a better solution for combat hotbars in the process. Not to mention Remote Play, which seems almost tailored for the slower pacing and canned animations of the genre. It's a match made in 7th Heaven.
In this Overview, Phil Kollar and I talk about Final Fantasy XIV's PlayStation 4 version, and we also just totally kick it with Carbuncle. He just kind of floats around, throwing out Aeros at our foes, but most of the time he's pretty chill.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Wait. Could the iPad Mini be a better gaming handheld than the PSVita?