Very few games fill the chubby chocobo quotient that I've come to desire from the medium.
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn meets my obscure needs deftly, while also managing to deliver a surprisingly solid MMO experience. I've been waiting on the game's PlayStation 4 iteration before diving in, though, and I'm glad I did — A Realm Reborn performs sublimely on the console. It doesn't just tend to the interface issues MMOs run into on consoles, it almost comes up with a better solution for combat hotbars in the process. Not to mention Remote Play, which seems almost tailored for the slower pacing and canned animations of the genre. It's a match made in 7th Heaven.
In this Overview, Phil Kollar and I talk about Final Fantasy XIV's PlayStation 4 version, and we also just totally kick it with Carbuncle. He just kind of floats around, throwing out Aeros at our foes, but most of the time he's pretty chill.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Nipah builds a PC
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design