The Suicide Squad shows up in Batman: Assault on Arkham, a feature-length animated film based on the Arkham Asylum series of video games.
Kevin Conroy, Batman's voice in the first two games of that series (and in Batman: The Animated Series) stars in the lead role. Several mainstays reprise their voice roles, including Troy Baker as the Joker (his role in Batman: Arkham Origins, as well as Injustice: Gods Among Us); CCH Pounder as Amanda Waller (her role in Origins as well the Justice League animated series); and Martin Jarvis as Alfred Pennyworth (also his role in Origins and City).
The screenplay is by Heath Corson, who also wrote the screenplay adaptation for Justice League: War, another direct-to-video animated feature that was released in February. The film is not yet rated, but it will be released both on blu-ray disc and digitally.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 22
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Gun Game Tips
- Polygon YouTube Channel
- Destiny Beta
- Thoughts on Destiny
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 14: Beast War-riors (part 2)
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)