Microsoft plans to release a new Halo digital feature project this year, the company confirmed to Polygon, with Ridley Scott attached as executive producer and Battlestar Galactica's Sergio Mimica-Gezzan as director.
"343 Industries, Xbox Entertainment Studios and Scott Free Productions are proud to announce a new Halo digital feature project to be released later this year," Microsoft said in statement issued to Polygon. "The project will be executive produced by Ridley Scott and Scott Free TV President, David Zucker. Sergio Mimica-Gezzan (Battlestar Galactica, Pillars of the Earth, Heroes) will direct."
According to The Wrap, the involved companies are considering Prison Break series creator Paul Scheuring to write the digital feature. The latest project is separate from the 343 Industries and Steven Spielberg Halo live-action TV series collaboration that was announced during the Xbox One reveal last year. Film director Neill Blomkamp (District 9) may direct the pilot episode of the television series, according to previous reports.
Los Angeles-based Xbox Entertainment Studios was established last year to create original interactive programming for Xbox One. It is also producing a television series inspired by the life of rapper Nas, documentaries, reality television and a rumoured Blake's 7 remake.
More from Polygon
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27