Microsoft plans to release a new Halo digital feature project this year, the company confirmed to Polygon, with Ridley Scott attached as executive producer and Battlestar Galactica's Sergio Mimica-Gezzan as director.
"343 Industries, Xbox Entertainment Studios and Scott Free Productions are proud to announce a new Halo digital feature project to be released later this year," Microsoft said in statement issued to Polygon. "The project will be executive produced by Ridley Scott and Scott Free TV President, David Zucker. Sergio Mimica-Gezzan (Battlestar Galactica, Pillars of the Earth, Heroes) will direct."
According to The Wrap, the involved companies are considering Prison Break series creator Paul Scheuring to write the digital feature. The latest project is separate from the 343 Industries and Steven Spielberg Halo live-action TV series collaboration that was announced during the Xbox One reveal last year. Film director Neill Blomkamp (District 9) may direct the pilot episode of the television series, according to previous reports.
Los Angeles-based Xbox Entertainment Studios was established last year to create original interactive programming for Xbox One. It is also producing a television series inspired by the life of rapper Nas, documentaries, reality television and a rumoured Blake's 7 remake.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- What's a good game for a 65-year old first time gamer?
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Feature to track games?
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy