For those who didn't get the chance to see Star Citizen's dogfighting presentation at PAX East 2014, whether in person or streamed on Twitch, Cloud Imperium Games has released this 30-minute video showing that demonstration and much more for the record-setting, crowdfunded space combat simulator.
The presentation itself begins at 9:30 and lasts to about 22:30. It's followed by another 15 minutes of footage and interviews from the PAX East show floor, which details how to set up a dogfighting match in Arena Commander, the online multiplayer module that will be offered to backers before the full game is released in 2015.
Polygon was at the event shown in the first half of the video, and had hands-on time with the game's dogfighting; our impressions of it may be read here. Star Citizen is by far the most-crowdfunded video game project ever, hauling in $42 million — and counting — from donors through Kickstarter and other sources.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What is your Current Game of the Year?