Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft developer Blizzard Entertainment is encouraging players of the collectible card game to meet in the real world with Fireside Gathering events scheduled for April 26.
In Hearthstone, players gather around virtual tables for card battles. Fireside Gatherings invite players to assemble around real world tables to build decks, play tournaments and otherwise delve deep into the game. Those who do will unlock a special card back.
You can see a list of April 26 events being held from Alabama to Hawaii on Blizzard's official Fireside Gatherings page, where you'll also find information on how to host your own event.
Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft is available on Mac, Windows PC and iPad with Android device and iPhone versions to come. For more on the game and its development, be sure to read our interview with its developers. You can see Hearthstone in action in the Overview video below.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- Deep Silver buys Homefront from Crytek, moves Homefront: The Revolution to new studio
- Hearthstone: Curse of Naxxramas Plague Quarter - Overview Video
- What it's like to attend Girls Make Games, the all-girls game dev summer camp
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- PS+ & Stryder
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?