A release date or title was not revealed, according to a translation by Gematsu, who reports that Tecmo Koei plans to expand upon the Fatal Frame IP with a series of multimedia projects. The projects include a live-action film that is in production with Kadokawa Corporation "for a fall release" and directed by Mari Asato (Bilocation).
A comic by writer Shin Kibayashi (Kodansha, Kindaichi Case Files) is also in the works and a novel from author Eiji Otsuka (Multiple Personality Detective Psycho, The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service) is slated for an August release.
Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly recently launched on the PlayStation Network last May, with series director Makoto Shibata taking to the PlayStation blog to discuss the game's origins. Fatal Frame 3: The Tormented, the third title in Tecmo's survival horror franchise, was release on PSN as a PlayStation 2 Classic in October.
We reached out to Nintendo and Tecmo Koei representatives for more information about the new Fatal Frame Wii U game.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Here is why you probably won't get into the LittleBigPlanet 3 private beta this August
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business