Nintendo Phuten is one of the lesser known Nintendo subsidiaries, responsible primarily for the sales of Nintendo hardware and games in Taiwan. Future business in the area will be handled by Nintendo Hong Kong, however, which will be responsible for sales of local products and distribution.
Earlier this year, Nintendo revealed an operating loss of just over $15 million for the nine month period ending Dec. 31, 2013, after dismal sales of the Wii U forced the company to slash its yearly forecast.
While the company's financial situation is likely a reason behind the Taiwan subsidiary's closure, specifics have yet to be detailed. We've contacted Nintendo for more information and will update as it comes.
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell sends the Saints to Hell in 2015
- Nintendo reveals the New Nintendo 3DS
- Help us choose the best reader-designed Sunset Overdrive character
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Tales from the Borderlands lets you stop and smell the chaotic roses
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- How's this PC for next gen?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Stronger distinction of Recommended posts/comments
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Nintendo Customer Service
- Kingdom of Amalur - 10$ was the best deal ever