Nintendo will be offering a season pass for Mario Golf: World Tour that bundles together three add-ons for $14.99, the company announced today.
Mario Golf: World Tour, which launches May 2 on Nintendo 3DS, includes 10 courses with a total of 126 holes of golf. Six additional 18-hole courses, for a total of 108 extra holes, will be released in the three downloadable content packs Nintendo is working on. Each of the DLC packs will contain two new courses and one new playable character.
The season pass will kick off with the Mushroom Pack, which comes with Toadette, on May 2. Later that month, Nintendo will release the Flower Pack, which includes Nabbit. And June will see the launch of the Star Pack, which features Rosalina. Each add-on will be sold for $5.99, which means the season pass price represents a 20 percent discount over buying all three DLC packs separately. Players will have the opportunity to try the DLC courses before buying with Trial Tournaments.
Customers who buy the season pass, which goes on sale May 2 alongside Mario Golf: World Tour itself, will receive a bonus at the time of purchase: Gold Mario as an additional playable character. Nintendo will release Gold Mario to everyone else once all three add-ons are available.
For more on Mario Golf: World Tour, check out our recent hands-on preview.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Calling all first team Polygon staff to the Set!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- What is your Current Game of the Year?