The 2014 Develop in Brighton conference confirmed its first round of speakers this morning, which includes developers from Amazon, Tearaway studio Media Molecule and streaming platform Twitch, among a dozen others.
The Develop 2014 conference, currently in its ninth year, will be held July 8-10 in Brighton's Hilton Metropole.
The three-day event will feature more than 100 speakers across 90 different sessions — including representatives from Crytek, Nickelodeon, Chillingo, Codemasters, Ubisoft Montreal and Aardman Studios. These speakers will discuss popular industry topics, including cloud and second screen gaming, the growth of virtual reality and new funding and publishing models, and the psychology of player-game interaction. A full list of confirmed sessions is currently available on the conference's website.
The 2014 conference will include eight tracks used in previous years — evolution of gameplay, art, business, coding, design, audio, indie and production — as well as a new track focused on marketing, free Indie Boot Camp information sessions and the first ever Develop Game Jam.
Registration is currently open for the conference on its official website. Buyers can get a Super Early Bird discount on all passes until Wednesday, May 7.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes