A new trailer for co-op shooter Evolve gives you six different perspectives that can be switched between by viewers.
The Evolve — 4v1 Interactive Trailer shows off the entirety of an Evolve match from the perspective of Griffin the Trapper, Markov the Assault, Hank the Support, Val the Medic, The Goliath Monster, along with a sixth channel combining each perspective while adding a commentary from the studio's co-founder and design director Aaron Chambers and Chris Ashton.
Turtle Rock's previous works include Valve's Counter-Strike: Condition Zero and the Left 4 Dead games. The studio was originally developing Evolve to be published by THQ, but the IP went up for sale when THQ collapsed in December 2012. Evolve was purchased for $10.8 million by publisher Take-Two last January during the THQ liquidation auctions. Turtle Rock co-founder Phil Robb expressed at the time that the studio "came out of the proceedings in an awesome position" following the purchase, despite failing to purchase back its own IP with a $250,000 bid.
Evolve was revealed earlier this month and will launch this fall for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC. The game will be set in a science fiction world with people facing off against aliens. In the "hunt" mode, four alien hunters team up against a monster controlled by a fifth player, with the creature growing in size and strength as rounds of multiplayer action progress. In this way, Evolve will offer both competitive and cooperative multiplayer elements.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too
- Games with great Sound Design
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21