Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes' previously platform-exclusive missions will become cross-platform offerings May 1 in Japan, series creator Hideo Kojima announced during a recent Japanese language webcast.
Kojima's personal assistant reiterated on Twitter that the Xbox-exclusive "Jamais Vu" mission, which follows the cyborg ninja Raiden, and the PlayStation-exclusive "Deja Vu" mission, which features PSOne-era Snake, will be available to download on their rival platforms.
We've reached out to Konami to see if the content will follow a similar path in other geographical regions and will update this article with more information as we have it.
- How cows predicted the seedy underbelly of social gaming
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- GTA 4 now looks as good as GTA 5 — if you have a PC
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- A New Steam Controller
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24