Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Sega's kart racer filled with a cast of video game characters, is now free on Android and iOS, publisher Sega announced today.
You can download the game at no charge now on Google Play and the iOS App Store. Those who previously purchased the game will receive a "VIP Pass" valued at $4.99, which includes four playable characters, including Sonic. Their version of the game will remain ad-free.
Next Tuesday, April 29, Wreck-It Ralph and Metal Sonic will join the game as unlockable characters, and two new tracks, Galactic Parade and Outrun Bay, will arrive as unlockable content. Developers will also add two new modes, Boss Cup Challenge and World Tour, as mobile version exclusives.
For more on Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, be sure to read Polygon's review, which called the game "inventive and humorous and fresh." Sumo Digital's racing game was first released in November 2012 and is also available on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U, Windows PC, Nintendo 3DS and PlayStation Vita.
- Want to win the console war? Here's how
- But WHAT CAN BE DONE: dos and don'ts to combat online sexism
- The most progressive game of the summer is the one you're probably not playing
- How to join Nintendo's roving band of Smash Bros. players at Comic-Con
- Why is 2K suddenly so preoccupied with the original BioShock?
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today