Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn's 2.25 patch is now live and adds new content and a higher level cap for player-vs-player matches, Square Enix announced today.
PvP players can now raise their rank from the previous level cap of 30 to 40. New weapons, armor and other gear is also now available to purchase, while some class requirements for gear have been changed. The patch also brings new items to dye, quests and unlocks the Material Transmutation system, which becomes available after the Marvelously Mutable Materia quest is completed.
For the full list of changes, check out the patch notes.
Final Fantasy 14 relaunched as A Realm Reborn last August. The game is now available for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC. For more on where the original game went wrong and how director Naoki Yoshida resurrected the title, check out our write-up of Yoshida's presentation from GDC 2014.
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- Your first look at Agent Locke in Ridley Scott's Halo: Nightfall
- Dota 2 team Newbee just won The International 4 — along with the largest eSports prize pool in history
- Wii U owners can now transfer their data to another Wii U
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet