Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn's 2.25 patch is now live and adds new content and a higher level cap for player-vs-player matches, Square Enix announced today.
PvP players can now raise their rank from the previous level cap of 30 to 40. New weapons, armor and other gear is also now available to purchase, while some class requirements for gear have been changed. The patch also brings new items to dye, quests and unlocks the Material Transmutation system, which becomes available after the Marvelously Mutable Materia quest is completed.
For the full list of changes, check out the patch notes.
Final Fantasy 14 relaunched as A Realm Reborn last August. The game is now available for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC. For more on where the original game went wrong and how director Naoki Yoshida resurrected the title, check out our write-up of Yoshida's presentation from GDC 2014.
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Why Shadow of Mordor's undead Elven hero and sexy Sauron are such a big deal
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Magic 2015 lead designer says Duels of the Planeswalkers is a yearly franchise 'like FIFA or Madden'