Save data for the Xbox 360 edition of Mojang's Minecraft will transfer to the forthcoming Xbox One version of the game, Microsoft's head of Xbox Phil Spencer confirmed today.
"After months of teaming up with Mojang, we can confirm that Minecraft [Xbox 360] Edition will save transfer to Xbox One Edition," Spencer said on Twitter, promising "more news soon" about the console-to-console transfer. Minecraft for Xbox One was announced at last year's E3 and is expected to be released this year. Discussion about Xbox 360 to Xbox One save transfers has been going on since last summer.
Mojang has similar plans to support transfer of Minecraft saves from the PlayStation 3 version to the PlayStation 4 version.
Microsoft announced earlier this month that the Xbox 360 edition of Minecraft has sold more than 12 million copies.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- A note from the (reviews) editor: No release-day Destiny review
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1