Capcom's recently announced addition to the Ace Attorney series, The Great Ace Attorney, will be the start of a new series, according to game producer Shintaro Kojima in a statement to Famitsu magazine (via Siliconera).
The new interview, which also features comments from series creator Shu Takumi, offers some details on the direction of the game.
"While it's not a main-numbered Ace Attorney title, it's the start of a new series called The Great Ace Attorney," Kojima said. "I believe that it's becoming something that can show that it's not simply just a derivative title. We can't say too much about it for the time being, but we'll be revealing more on the characters and their backgrounds next time, which we hope you all can look forward to. It's really becoming something that we have high expectations for, so please look forward to it!"
The Great Ace Attorney will include a new female character, Susato Mikotoba, who is described by Kojima as a "graceful Japanese woman, a proper girl who does everything the proper way."
Likewise, the game will be "quite different" to the previous Ace Attorney releases, Takumi added.
"It's been a while since I've participated in making a new Ace Attorney game, and things are a little different from the earlier days; however, as usual, I'll be doing my best and putting all my effort into it, so that this one [The Great Ace Attorney] won't lose to the past games I've worked on."
Takumi has worked on the Ace Attorney series since the 2001 original Nintendo DS title, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, However, Takumi did not work on the most recent release, Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies, because at the time he was focused on crossover title Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney.
The new Nintendo 3DS release was revealed in the most recent issue of Famitsu earlier this week. The game will be set in Japan's Meiji era (Sept. 1868 through July 1912) and star an ancestor of Phoenix Wright, named Naruhodou Ryuunosuke.
- Madden 15 review: victory formation
- Sarkeesian driven out of home by online abuse and death threats
- Inside a video game voiceover studio
- Quake Live is changing, in part to find a wider audience on Steam
- SWAT threat locks down school, gets Counter-Strike player slammed to the ground
- A lightning tour of Infamous: First Light's scaled-down scope
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Old Iron King - A spoiler-free guide
- What's exclusive to the PlayStation versions of Destiny?
- Amazon and Twitch are the competitors YouTube needs
- Help us choose the best reader-designed Sunset Overdrive character
- On Patreon support
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here
- Where to buy?
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Games with great Sound Design
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)