Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes' platform-exclusive missions will be available worldwide as free updates for all applicable consoles on May 1, Konami announced today.
PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 owners can pick up the "Jamais-Vu" mission, previously only available on Xbox 360 and Xbox One. The add-on stars Raiden from his Revengeance days as he embarks on a mission within the Ground Zeroes containment camp.
"The new mission sees Raiden charged with investigating an alleged alien incursion, where — forgoing his famed katana blade — he is dropped on the edge of the camp, and must gain access and secure firm evidence of the alien presence," the announcement reads. "The aliens — dubbed 'Snatchers' by the intelligence group — are externally disguised as camp guards, but produce an inhuman X-Ray when tagged using the iDroid app or Raiden's binoculars. Raiden must locate and eliminate the alien imposters while evading capture by the unaware humans charged with guarding the base."
For those with an Xbox 360 or Xbox One, the "MGS1 Déjà-Vu" mission will be available. Based on the original Metal Gear Solid, the "Déjà-Vu" mission contains visual references to the title; players also reenact famous scenes.
Konami announced yesterday that the content would be available in Japan May 1. The update also brings tweaks to the game's display items and menu.
For more on Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes, check out our review.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here
- Games with great Sound Design
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- On Patreon support
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26