Knowland worked with Naughty Dog for more than three years, with over two years dedicated to the critical and commercial hit The Last of Us. Knowland worked previously at Elite: Dangerous studio Frontier Developments.
He joins the likes of previous Naughty Dog alumni including Uncharted 4 game director Justin Richmond and series creative director Amy Hennig, both of whom recently left the company. Richmond has since gone on to join League of Legends studio Riot Games, while Hennig has moved on to Visceral Games to aid in the development of its upcoming Star Wars game. Knowland has yet to reveal his future plans.
We've reached out to Naughty Dog for more details and will update as it comes.
- More Black Friday deals from NewEgg including laptops, desktops and consoles
- StarCraft 2 player kicked from tournament after rape comment
- Sony and Microsoft are giving you games, and GameStop isn't happy
- Our first look at Jurassic World's upcoming trailer
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Here's where you can catch the trailer starting Friday
- Polygon Daily Off Topic: We're surrounded! (Monday, Nov. 24)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 3, no. 2: Shocking Truth!
- Pokémon Discussions - Trumpets in the Distance
- Is It Possible To Kill Review Scores?
- Clans of Polygon: What's going on in Destiny? (November)
- Your Wishlist Top 3: Steam Sale Nov'14 Edition
- What is the greatest boss battle of all time?
- Weekend at Polygon's: Off-Topic: Ermagerd Smarsh! (Sat\Sun 22-23Nov)
- Far Cry 4 Awful performance on my PC
- Polygon on YouTube