Professional Call of Duty players will compete for X Games medals at the inaugural MLG X Games Invitational during the first-ever X Games Austin this June in Austin, Texas, Major League Gaming announced today.
The tournament, which will be played on the Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts, will take place over the three-day festival alongside competition in extreme sports such as skateboarding and BMX. The field of eight participants will consist of the top three finishers from the 2014 Call of Duty Championship last month — CompLexity, EnVyUs and OpTic Gaming — and the top five Ghosts teams in terms of MLG Pro Points rankings.
Interested parties can watch the MLG X Games Invitational livestream on the MLG website or the MLG.tv apps for Android, iOS and Xbox 360. X Games Austin attendees can check out the competition in person — tickets for the three-day festival are available for $89, and eSports aficionados in attendance have the option of paying an additional $100 for a 3-Day Major League Gaming Premium Upgrade, which includes reserved seating for the tournament, a backstage tour, the opportunity to meet the players and a gift bag.
X Games Austin will take place from June 6-8 at Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas.
- An awful week to care about video games
- How Salt and Sanctuary reimagines Dark Souls as a 2D action-platformer
- Valve taken to court by Australian consumer commission over Steam refund policy
- The pitch versus the reality: what one of gaming's biggest Kickstarters looks like now
- Dust: An Elysian Tail coming to PS4 'very soon'
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design
- Where to buy?
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- On Being A "Gamer"
- On Patreon support
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here