The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Beenox's action-adventure game set to coincide with the film of the same name, is now available for Xbox One, Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb announced on his blog.
Earlier this month, all mentions of the Xbox One version were removed from the game's official website. Shortly after, Activision announced that "when and whether The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is released on Xbox One is TBD."
A reason for the game's sudden reappearance for the console was not provided, though Activision previously told Polygon that it was "working with Microsoft in an effort to release The Amazing Spider-Man 2 video game on Xbox One."
The Xbox One edition, priced at $59.99, launches alongside the Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Wii U, Windows PC and Xbox 360 versions of the game.
During a recent phone interview with Polygon, creative director and co-studio head Thomas Wilson said that much of the original game's foundation had to be reworked for the sequel. For more on how The Amazing Spider-Man 2 intends to connect players to the character, check out the full interview.
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine