The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Beenox's action-adventure game set to coincide with the film of the same name, is now available for Xbox One, Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb announced on his blog.
Earlier this month, all mentions of the Xbox One version were removed from the game's official website. Shortly after, Activision announced that "when and whether The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is released on Xbox One is TBD."
A reason for the game's sudden reappearance for the console was not provided, though Activision previously told Polygon that it was "working with Microsoft in an effort to release The Amazing Spider-Man 2 video game on Xbox One."
The Xbox One edition, priced at $59.99, launches alongside the Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Wii U, Windows PC and Xbox 360 versions of the game.
During a recent phone interview with Polygon, creative director and co-studio head Thomas Wilson said that much of the original game's foundation had to be reworked for the sequel. For more on how The Amazing Spider-Man 2 intends to connect players to the character, check out the full interview.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- Shadowrun Returns gets a Director's Cut of its expansion this September
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Really Horrible