Nintendo will provide new details regarding the upcoming Wii U and 3DS brawler Super Smash Bros. in the next upcoming Nintendo Direct, scheduled for April 8, the company announced today.
The Bandai Namco Games and Sora Ltd. iteration of the fighting game franchise will launch on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS sometime this year; However, a release date has yet to be announced. The company has so far revealed a portion of its roster, including a cast of Nintendo characters like Luigi, Princess Peach and Princess Zelda, Mega Man and Sonic.
Game director Masahiro Sakurai also confirmed the development team is working to crack down on exploits known to users, including "edge hogging," when a player hangs from a stage's ledge, blocking another player who is trying to not fall off the stage from grabbing it and climbing back on.
Next week's Nintendo conference is slated to take place at 6 p.m. EST with new details about the game.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- On Patreon support
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here
- Where to buy?
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Games with great Sound Design