Nintendo will provide new details regarding the upcoming Wii U and 3DS brawler Super Smash Bros. in the next upcoming Nintendo Direct, scheduled for April 8, the company announced today.
The Bandai Namco Games and Sora Ltd. iteration of the fighting game franchise will launch on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS sometime this year; However, a release date has yet to be announced. The company has so far revealed a portion of its roster, including a cast of Nintendo characters like Luigi, Princess Peach and Princess Zelda, Mega Man and Sonic.
Game director Masahiro Sakurai also confirmed the development team is working to crack down on exploits known to users, including "edge hogging," when a player hangs from a stage's ledge, blocking another player who is trying to not fall off the stage from grabbing it and climbing back on.
Next week's Nintendo conference is slated to take place at 6 p.m. EST with new details about the game.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Nintendo lost $97M last quarter even with the success of Mario Kart 8
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
More from Polygon
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Tell Us Your Story
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?