Tekken Tag Tournament 2 has been added to the roster for the 2014 Evo fighting games tournament, event organizers announced last night.
During the last episode of iPlayWinner's The Fray, Evo co-founder Joey "Mr. Wizard" Cuellar announced the game's addition. This brings the current Evo roster up to eight games, including BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Killer Instinct, The King of Fighters 13, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Ultra Street Fighter 4.
Evo welcomes back Tekken Tag Tournament 2 into the lineup!— Evo (@evo2k) April 4, 2014
Cuellar also revealed that publisher Bandai Namco Games, owner of the Tekken Tag Tournament IP, will be one of the event's sponsors.
Evo 2014 will take place at the Las Vegas Hotel and Casino July 11-13.
- An awful week to care about video games
- How Salt and Sanctuary reimagines Dark Souls as a 2D action-platformer
- Valve taken to court by Australian consumer commission over Steam refund policy
- The pitch versus the reality: what one of gaming's biggest Kickstarters looks like now
- Dust: An Elysian Tail coming to PS4 'very soon'