Major League Baseball Advanced Media's latest entry in the R.B.I. Baseball franchise, R.B.I. Baseball 14 — the first since 1995 — is listed with an April 9 release date for Xbox Live Arcade on Xbox.com.
A price for the game is not listed, though it will include leaderboards and offline play for two. Previous reports suggested the game could launch on April 10. In January, the developer announced that R.B.I. Baseball 14 would be released digitally for "current and next-gen consoles and smartphones and tablets" this spring.
In R.B.I. Baseball 14, players can choose from three basic modes that include exhibition games, full-season play and post-season play. It will not include single-player career modes or online leagues.
R.B.I. Baseball 14 is the first game produced by MLB Advanced Media — a partnership between the owners of 30 MLB teams — for consoles. The game is expected to hit Android, iOS, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
For more on the game, check out our interview with MLB Advanced Media vice president of games Jamie Leece.
- The amazing real-world Assassin's Creed Unity parkour run and how it was created
- The new Unreal Tournament looks incredible, see it in motion
- Sony agrees to $15M settlement in 2011 data breach class action
- Here is how anyone can get The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition for free
- Titanfall getting in-game currency in update 5, coming July 31 with Frontier's Edge map pack