DayZ's development team today outlined incoming gameplay and graphical changes for Bohemia's zombie apocalypse survival game.
According to a new developer blog post, final implementation of fireplaces in the game will be available next week, allowing players to light flammable objects and "decide where and how to make fires." A new animation system and animations have been added that allow you players to power up throws of objects, in much the same way that bows are drawn to shoot arrows.
The team has also updated mouse controls following player feedback, allowing varying degrees and speed of movement according to the weapon in hand. "Players with a pistol will be able to turn around and fire much faster than a player with a M4, or a chainsaw," stated the blog post, which also warned that the changes "represent a great deal of work and the complete replacement of the old system, therefore some bugs and plenty of tweaking are expected."
Animators and artists have been working on new motion capture renditions of drawing, firing, and reloading animations while new food items and character models are also being added.
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The Last of Us review update: Remastered on PS4
- Hearthstone dev invents stories that tell themselves
- The best part about the 'Family Guy'/'Simpsons' crossover might be 'Bob's Burgers'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?