DayZ's development team today outlined incoming gameplay and graphical changes for Bohemia's zombie apocalypse survival game.
According to a new developer blog post, final implementation of fireplaces in the game will be available next week, allowing players to light flammable objects and "decide where and how to make fires." A new animation system and animations have been added that allow you players to power up throws of objects, in much the same way that bows are drawn to shoot arrows.
The team has also updated mouse controls following player feedback, allowing varying degrees and speed of movement according to the weapon in hand. "Players with a pistol will be able to turn around and fire much faster than a player with a M4, or a chainsaw," stated the blog post, which also warned that the changes "represent a great deal of work and the complete replacement of the old system, therefore some bugs and plenty of tweaking are expected."
Animators and artists have been working on new motion capture renditions of drawing, firing, and reloading animations while new food items and character models are also being added.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Battlefield Hardline's singleplayer tells the story of a good cop framed
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Really Horrible
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- PLAYSTATION WONT SIGN IN