If we're not getting Half-Life 3 anytime soon, get ready to see Half-Life 2 in more detail than ever before.
Artist Logithx posted these three shots to the Polycount forums on Tuesday, showing City 17 from Half-Life 2 more lifelike than ever. And these shots were rendered in Unreal Engine 3 — not Unreal 4, which just became available to developers.
"I'm working every day to port this to the new Unreal Engine 4 but as I mentioned in my original post there's lots of work that was unfinished," he writes, "not to mention that I have to redo all the materials and many textures because of the awesome physically-based shading in Unreal Engine 4."
Logithx promises that "everything was rebuilt from the ground up, including high-poly's and all the stuff that goes with," in these images. No original material from the game was used, except for Dr. Breen's face on the screen on the far wall, and the Combine insignia.
- Sony agrees to $15M settlement in 2011 data breach class action
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth
- Here is how anyone can get The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition for free
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Spare PS4 Beta Codes
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- A New Steam Controller
- DESTINY disappointment?