If we're not getting Half-Life 3 anytime soon, get ready to see Half-Life 2 in more detail than ever before.
Artist Logithx posted these three shots to the Polycount forums on Tuesday, showing City 17 from Half-Life 2 more lifelike than ever. And these shots were rendered in Unreal Engine 3 — not Unreal 4, which just became available to developers.
"I'm working every day to port this to the new Unreal Engine 4 but as I mentioned in my original post there's lots of work that was unfinished," he writes, "not to mention that I have to redo all the materials and many textures because of the awesome physically-based shading in Unreal Engine 4."
Logithx promises that "everything was rebuilt from the ground up, including high-poly's and all the stuff that goes with," in these images. No original material from the game was used, except for Dr. Breen's face on the screen on the far wall, and the Combine insignia.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Metro Redux: Will It Be A Must Purchase?
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Could Nintendo go third party?
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- What's a good game for a 65-year old first time gamer?