The sequel to Disney's animated video game feature film Wreck-It Ralph is reportedly being written, the original film's composer Henry Jackman (Captain Phillips, X-Men: First Class, This Is the End) revealed in an interview with Collider.
"I did, to be honest with you," Jackman responded when asked if he heard anything about a Wreck-It Ralph sequel. "I can't tell you more, not because I'm being coy, but I believe that it is officially on the cards. I don't know any more other than a story is indeed being written. I'd be very surprised not to. Just as a concept, it would be almost remiss of them not to write another one. It's a great idea and it's a great character."
Speaking to Hypable last year about a potential sequel, director Rich Moore said that he is interested in exploring what it would be like for Ralph to come across contemporary and alternate platform iterations of himself, or are "there those kind of Super Smash Brothers types games where all the characters are gathered in a fighting game?"
Wreck-it Ralph opened in the U.S. November 2012. The movie features cameos from contemporary video game characters and 8-bit icons including the Q-bert, Dig Dug and Pac-Man. Wreck-It Ralph launched in March as a two-disc Collector's Edition and a four-disc Ultimate Collector's Edition releases. HD Digital and HD Digital 3D versions were made available for download on Feb. 12.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Share Button Use? Can you post to another service other than FaceBook?
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?