The next Borderlands game will be called Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and it is being developed by 2K Australia, according to a report by online retailer GamePointsNow.
Citing exclusive information but not its source, GamePointsNow says the game will be set in the five-year span between the stories of Borderlands and Borderlands 2. The game will be set on Pandora's moon, and the H-shaped base that orbits it, said GamePointsNow, and there will be four new classes of characters, including Fragtrap, a weaponized version of the Claptrap robot.
No release date was mentioned.
In February, Randy Pitchford, the Gearbox CEO, told Polygon his studio was "not working on Borderlands 3," and that "there isn't a Borderlands 3." Those remarks, of course, don't cover the possibility of a prequel being built by another studio.
Gearbox also is collaborating with Telltale Games on Tales of the Borderlands, an altogether different game to be done in Telltale's narrative style.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?