An update headed to the Xbox One's YouTube app tomorrow, April 8, will allow users to publish video captured from Game DVR and edited with Upload Studio directly to the web video service, according to a post on Xbox Wire.
The app's update will also allow Xbox One players to snap YouTube videos, pin individual videos, earn Media Achievements and add YouTube channels to the OneGuide, alongside TV listings and app channels.
Microsoft will also bring a GoPro channel to the Xbox 360 tomorrow for Xbox Live Gold subscribers. To celebrate the app's launch, GoPro is releasing two videos — one about a basketball trick shot and the other about a snowmobile jump — that will be available exclusively on the channel for week.
"The GoPro channel app will bring the best of GoPro originally produced and user-generated content into the homes of millions of Xbox Live Gold customers," said Adam Dornbusch, head of content distribution at GoPro. "We're excited to launch with exclusive content for early adopters of the app and stoke out the Xbox 360 community with hours of engaging and inspiring GoPro videos through the channel."
The GoPro channel app for Xbox One is expected to launch "this summer." You can see the app in action in a video released alongside Microsoft's January 2014 GoPro app announcement.
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- With Han Solo, Leia and Chewie, Star Wars Commander is bringing back the force
- Microsoft may be offering 24-hour demos of Xbox One games to Gold subscribers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Games with great Sound Design
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us