An update headed to the Xbox One's YouTube app tomorrow, April 8, will allow users to publish video captured from Game DVR and edited with Upload Studio directly to the web video service, according to a post on Xbox Wire.
The app's update will also allow Xbox One players to snap YouTube videos, pin individual videos, earn Media Achievements and add YouTube channels to the OneGuide, alongside TV listings and app channels.
Microsoft will also bring a GoPro channel to the Xbox 360 tomorrow for Xbox Live Gold subscribers. To celebrate the app's launch, GoPro is releasing two videos — one about a basketball trick shot and the other about a snowmobile jump — that will be available exclusively on the channel for week.
"The GoPro channel app will bring the best of GoPro originally produced and user-generated content into the homes of millions of Xbox Live Gold customers," said Adam Dornbusch, head of content distribution at GoPro. "We're excited to launch with exclusive content for early adopters of the app and stoke out the Xbox 360 community with hours of engaging and inspiring GoPro videos through the channel."
The GoPro channel app for Xbox One is expected to launch "this summer." You can see the app in action in a video released alongside Microsoft's January 2014 GoPro app announcement.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dragon Quest Heroes brings the series back to PlayStation in Dynasty Warriors style
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What is your Current Game of the Year?