Patience is a virtue.
If you're one of the folks willing to hold off from indulging in Dark Souls 2 until its reportedly improved PC version launches, your moderation has not been in vain. Across the board, the PC version of the game performs better than its Xbox 360 and PS3 counterparts, which suffered from a cornucopia of performance and graphical issues at launch last month. On PC, the game's framerate holds steady. Load times are drastically shorter. Water looks wetter.
In this Overview, I go solo to showcase the performance improvements you can expect from the PC version of Dark Souls 2, which launches April 25. I also showcase my unbeatable PvP-focused character build, which is designed entirely around sporting a remarkably fashionable monocle.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What is your Current Game of the Year?