Patience is a virtue.
If you're one of the folks willing to hold off from indulging in Dark Souls 2 until its reportedly improved PC version launches, your moderation has not been in vain. Across the board, the PC version of the game performs better than its Xbox 360 and PS3 counterparts, which suffered from a cornucopia of performance and graphical issues at launch last month. On PC, the game's framerate holds steady. Load times are drastically shorter. Water looks wetter.
In this Overview, I go solo to showcase the performance improvements you can expect from the PC version of Dark Souls 2, which launches April 25. I also showcase my unbeatable PvP-focused character build, which is designed entirely around sporting a remarkably fashionable monocle.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake