Super Smash Bros. will arrive on Nintendo 3DS this summer and Wii U this winter, director Masahiro Sakurai announced during a Nintendo Direct event today.
The 3DS version will run at 60 frames per second in stereoscopic 3D, Sakurai said. Assist characters will run at 30 frames per second.
"New Super Smash Bros. games are a major event for video game fans everywhere, and present an experience that only Nintendo can offer," said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of sales and marketing. "Fans have two launches to look forward to this year, and they will want to get in plenty of practice with the Nintendo 3DS version so that they can be prepared for the launch of the Wii U game later in the year."
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The best new video game toys from Comic-Con
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Really Horrible
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming