Super Smash Bros. will arrive on Nintendo 3DS this summer and Wii U this winter, director Masahiro Sakurai announced during a Nintendo Direct event today.
The 3DS version will run at 60 frames per second in stereoscopic 3D, Sakurai said. Assist characters will run at 30 frames per second.
"New Super Smash Bros. games are a major event for video game fans everywhere, and present an experience that only Nintendo can offer," said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of sales and marketing. "Fans have two launches to look forward to this year, and they will want to get in plenty of practice with the Nintendo 3DS version so that they can be prepared for the launch of the Wii U game later in the year."
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Mon Aug 18