Microsoft Studios has begun rolling out the Fulgore title update for Killer Instinct, which introduces the season's eighth and final add-on character, the cyborg knight Fulgore, and an Arcade Mode.
Weighing in at 6.8 GB, the update adds online lobbies featuring eight-player rooms and a spectating functionality. Killer Instinct's update was developed by the title's developer Double Helix Games, which was acquired by Amazon in February. Microsoft has since brought a new developer onto the title, Iron Galaxy Studios, developer of 2011's Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike Online Edition and 2013's Divekick.
"Before we were ever talking about this, I was a fan of the game," Dave Lang, CEO of Iron Galaxy, told Polygon in an interview. "And to get to now take it over and start with this great base, and expand it and put new stuff on top of it, everyone in the company is super pumped up, and we can't wait to show people what we're going to be doing down the road."
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart