Microsoft Studios has begun rolling out the Fulgore title update for Killer Instinct, which introduces the season's eighth and final add-on character, the cyborg knight Fulgore, and an Arcade Mode.
Weighing in at 6.8 GB, the update adds online lobbies featuring eight-player rooms and a spectating functionality. Killer Instinct's update was developed by the title's developer Double Helix Games, which was acquired by Amazon in February. Microsoft has since brought a new developer onto the title, Iron Galaxy Studios, developer of 2011's Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike Online Edition and 2013's Divekick.
"Before we were ever talking about this, I was a fan of the game," Dave Lang, CEO of Iron Galaxy, told Polygon in an interview. "And to get to now take it over and start with this great base, and expand it and put new stuff on top of it, everyone in the company is super pumped up, and we can't wait to show people what we're going to be doing down the road."
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- If you're still having trouble with Xbox Live, you're not alone
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Wait. Could the iPad Mini be a better gaming handheld than the PSVita?