Die Gute Fabrik multiplayer sports game compilation Sportsfriends has been submitted for certification to Sony and is expected to launch for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 "in just a few weeks," according to an update sent to the project's Kickstarter backers.
The game was submitted to both North America and European branches of Sony last week and the timeline is set if "things go according to plan," reads the post. Developers will likely know in a week if they need to make further changes to the game.
Additionally, Sportsfriends is up and running on Mac and Windows, with a Linux port and controller support for all versions still being tweaked. These PC versions are running on Gaijin Games' Atrophy Engine, and Die Gute Fabrik hopes to release a beta of these versions for backers only alongside the PlayStation Network release.
Die Gute Fabrik will be showing off Sportsfriends on PS3 and PS4 in the Indie Megabooth at PAX East this weekend, as well as participate in a panel Saturday at 6:30 p.m. about developing games through Kickstarter. The developer also shared a new video detailing the title's in-game menu, which is viewable below.
Polygon will be in attendance at PAX East, April 11-13, providing coverage of the show.
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- Dota 2 team Newbee just won The International 4 — along with the largest eSports prize pool in history
- Bungie pays up $95K to the composer behind Halo
- I'm reviewing every FMV game because I'm broken inside
- Quit Twitter before you're hard, quit Instagram before you're soft