Pre-orders have begun on Amazon for the Homeworld Remastered Collector's Edition — the special edition that offers a 12-inch USB-powered light-up spaceship from the series.
Gearbox Software, which bought the Homeworld franchise during the 2013 liquidation of THQ, said at PAX East that it was spending "an irresponsible amount" to offer the premium. The model ship — the Hiigara Mothership that graces the cover of the 1999 original — was the choice of fans when Gearbox polled them on what goodies they'd like to see the included with a special edition.
The collector's edition is for Windows PC and Amazon has not provided a release date, only a placeholder for the end of the year. Gearbox said it hopes to publish Homeworld Remastered sometime this fall. The release includes both Homeworld and Homeworld 2, updated with new ship models and high-resolution textures.
The collector's edition adds the ship, a digital download key to get the game on Steam, plus a die-cast keychain and an art book. It costs $99.99.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update