Pre-orders have begun on Amazon for the Homeworld Remastered Collector's Edition — the special edition that offers a 12-inch USB-powered light-up spaceship from the series.
Gearbox Software, which bought the Homeworld franchise during the 2013 liquidation of THQ, said at PAX East that it was spending "an irresponsible amount" to offer the premium. The model ship — the Hiigara Mothership that graces the cover of the 1999 original — was the choice of fans when Gearbox polled them on what goodies they'd like to see the included with a special edition.
The collector's edition is for Windows PC and Amazon has not provided a release date, only a placeholder for the end of the year. Gearbox said it hopes to publish Homeworld Remastered sometime this fall. The release includes both Homeworld and Homeworld 2, updated with new ship models and high-resolution textures.
The collector's edition adds the ship, a digital download key to get the game on Steam, plus a die-cast keychain and an art book. It costs $99.99.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Share Button Use? Can you post to another service other than FaceBook?
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?