Pre-orders have begun on Amazon for the Homeworld Remastered Collector's Edition — the special edition that offers a 12-inch USB-powered light-up spaceship from the series.
Gearbox Software, which bought the Homeworld franchise during the 2013 liquidation of THQ, said at PAX East that it was spending "an irresponsible amount" to offer the premium. The model ship — the Hiigara Mothership that graces the cover of the 1999 original — was the choice of fans when Gearbox polled them on what goodies they'd like to see the included with a special edition.
The collector's edition is for Windows PC and Amazon has not provided a release date, only a placeholder for the end of the year. Gearbox said it hopes to publish Homeworld Remastered sometime this fall. The release includes both Homeworld and Homeworld 2, updated with new ship models and high-resolution textures.
The collector's edition adds the ship, a digital download key to get the game on Steam, plus a die-cast keychain and an art book. It costs $99.99.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- On Patreon support
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26
- Pre-load coming to the XB1 according to the store page