Half-Life 2, the seminal first-person shooter from Valve, is now available on Nvidia Shield for $9.99, Nvidia announced today.
Valve and Nvidia are selling Half-Life 2 on Google Play, but it only supports the Shield handheld, not Android devices in general. The companies also worked together to bring the first-person puzzle game Portal to the Shield, and launched it on Google Play today alongside Half-Life 2. Portal costs $9.99 as well.
"Nvidia has done a remarkable job bringing both Half-Life 2 and Portal to Shield," said Doug Lombardi, vice president of marketing at Valve, in a press release today. "We're playing both games here on our Shields and fans of both franchises can expect the same gameplay they've come to love on the PC."
You can check out a video from Nvidia about the Shield releases of Half-Life 2 and Portal below. For more on the Shield itself, check out our report on its April update.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Calling all first team Polygon staff to the Set!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Favorite "Bad" Game