Maleficent — the famous horn-haired sorceress and main adversary of Disney's 1959 animated film Sleeping Beauty — is likely joining the character ranks of Disney Infinity, according to a teaser tweeted by the game's official account.
Check out the full teaser image below, which reads "Bring on the wicked" over the hard-to-mistake silhouette of Princess Aurora's biggest and meanest critic. Her introduction into the sandbox world of Disney Infinity is likely tied to the release of Maleficent, a live-action movie retelling the Sleeping Beauty story from the witch's point of view. The film, starring Angelia Jolie as Maleficent herself, is slated to be released in theaters on May 30.
Disney Infinity launched last August for PlayStation 3, Nintendo 3DS, Wii, Wii U, Xbox 360 and Windows PC. Recently, Disney and Marvel announced Disney Infinity Marvel Super Heroes, the 2.0 edition of the sandbox action game featuring characters from the Marvel Comics universe. The companies also announced that this next Disney Infinity will be the first series iteration available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- An awful week to care about video games
- How Salt and Sanctuary reimagines Dark Souls as a 2D action-platformer
- Valve taken to court by Australian consumer commission over Steam refund policy
- The pitch versus the reality: what one of gaming's biggest Kickstarters looks like now
- Dust: An Elysian Tail coming to PS4 'very soon'